So how would one of you like to win one of my Lord of the rings Saurons eye inspired dragon eye necklaces??
All you have to do to enter is like and re-blog this picture! I will choose 1 name randomly on Sunday the 19th May (My birthday!)
Good luck!! :)
PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS INFORMATION!
Get re-blogging ;)
“The millennials are the people who’ve inherited the hangover from the baby boomers’ party: a warming planet, a dysfunctional global financial system that rewards the rich and screws the poor, a polarized political class that’s moved so far to the right that a centrist like…
Beyonce rules the world.
Sorry to spam everyone, but the Ravens won and Beyonce ruled, so this may be a feelings blog for a while.
^I may have to quote you on that.
Disney Papercrafts by Jackie Huang
A demon is a supernatural, often malevolent being prevalent in religion, occultism, literature, and folklore. The original Greek word daimon does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine δαιμόνιον (daimonion), and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root.
The words dæmon and daimôn are Latinized spellings of the Greek δαίμων, a reference to the daemons of ancient Greek religion and mythology, as well as later Hellenistic religion and philosophy. Daemons are good or benevolent nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves (see Plato’s Symposium).
Note: A painting (Herbert James Draper,1909) of Lamia, the queen of Libya who became a daemon according to Greek mythology.
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has introduced her first piece of legislation. It’s called the Bank on Students Loan Fairness Act, and would reduce the rate students pay on federally-subsidized student loans for one year, from 3.4% to 0.75%.
Without congressional action, on July 1 the rate is set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%.
Warren brings up an interesting point – her bill simply asks students to pay the same rates that big banks pay for borrowing.
She’s literally just asking if college grads can get the same deal as bank CEOs. The exact same interest rate. Not even a bailout or anything fancy (pipe dreams!) - just the same interest rate.
BLESS YOU ELIZABETH WARREN.
YOU GOTTA FIGHT! FOR OUR RIGHT! To pay no interest on our bullshit college loans.
I wish politicians gave as much of a shit about us as Elizabeth Warren does.
We definitely need more politicians like Warren.
This would definitely influence my decision to continue my degree.
i was just getting mad about this a minute ago
I was born in 1965 and I approve of this parody.
Philadelphia: High school students walk out of class and march to City Hall to protest severe budget cuts and planned school closings, May 9, 2013.
The budget cuts are absolutely horrific. Here are some of the proposed changes:
- Schools with more than 1,000 students would no longer be required to have librarians or librarian assistants.
- Schools would no longer be required to have counselors, and counselors’ caseloads would no longer be capped.
- Teachers could be assigned to unlimited classes outside their subject area, and high school teachers could be assigned an extra class without pay. There would be no limit on amount of consecutive time taught in a school day.
- There would be no limit on class size
- The district would no longer be required to provide copy machines, or “a sufficient number of instructional materials and textbooks.”
- Counselors would no longer be guaranteed to have rooms with privacy and confidentiality, a telephone, a locked filing cabinet and a door.
There’s more here.