“The best relationships in our lives are the best not because they have been the happiest ones, they are that way because they have stayed strong through the most tormentful of storms.”
— Pandora Poikilos, Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out (via hqlines)
8:18 pm • 17 October 2014 • 365 notes
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
7:05 pm • 17 October 2014 • 128,685 notes
give me ace characters
give me characters who have a lot of sex, but still identify as ace
give me characters who explicitly identity as asexual in canon
give me sex-repulsed ace characters
give me ace characters who are romantic
give me aro/ace characters
give me aro characters who are sexual
give me characters who identify throughout the aro/ace spectrums
4:37 pm • 17 October 2014 • 10,957 notes
when boys have sleepovers do they sleep in the same bed like girls do or do the rules of no homo include sharing beds
#girls share beds?
girls always share beds. and covers and clothes and food and personal space. sometimes even bathrooms
Girls share everything.
#girls dont believe in no homo #all da homo #dont give a fuck.
3:23 pm • 17 October 2014 • 374,220 notes
The blackest bird there ever was. It’s black on the outside from head to toe, and black on the inside with its meat and organs.
It’s called the Ayam Cemani from Indonesia, and they’re $2,500 a pop. Their bones are black, too. The only part of them that’s not black is their blood
2:46 pm • 17 October 2014 • 187,577 notes